Boy Ate Pancakes And Dies Family Sues


Stock image of pancakes being cooked.
Stock image of pancakes being cooked.   (AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin)

Family Sues Restaurant After Son Eats Pancakes, Dies

Teenager had a severe allergy to dairy

By Elizabeth Armstrong Moore,  Newser Staff
A family in Minnesota is suing a local restaurant after their son ate two pancakes there and died last June. They say that 16-year-old Scott Johnson, who was so allergic to dairy that trace amounts had sent him to the emergency room before and the family generally avoided dining out, ate the breakfast only after his mother asked the server if the gluten-free pancakes were also dairy free, and said the cook would have to also clean the griddle before making them. “Things that you wouldn’t even imagine have dairy in them,” mom Cindy Johnson tells KFOR 4. “He had just finished and he said, ‘We have to go now.'”

By the time the family got home, Scott was in such bad shape—and his EpiPen and nebulizer, Read more…

http://www.newser.com/story/204056/family-sues-restaurant-after-son-eats-pancakes-dies.html

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s